What is Design Build?
Design Build is a project delivery system where the design and construction services are contracted by a single entity.
Advantages to Design Build:
- Single source responsibility
- Minimizes risks for the project owner
- Clearest contractual remedies for the clients
- More efficient and effective cost control
- Value engineering
- Reduces the delivery schedule by overlapping the design phase and construction phase of a project
What is IPD?
Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) is design build with a twist. It is a collaborative alliance of people, systems, business structures and practices into a process that harnesses the talents and insights of all participants to optimize project results, increase value to the owner, reduce waste, and maximize efficiency through all phases of design, development, and construction.
The main sequential phases to the integrated project delivery method:
- conceptualization phase [expanded programming]
- criteria design phase [expanded schematic design]
- detailed design phase [expanded design development]
- implementation documents phase [construction documents]
- agency review phase
- construction phase
- closeout phase
At Leeswood, we pride ourselves on offering complete Turn Key solutions. It is our job to guide and direct you through what can appear to be a daunting process. We feel it is our responsibility to take you through this entire process from design to completion. The Leeswood Partners are very hands on and ensure they are involved with every project personally and stand behind our motto of “100% client satisfaction”.
We are confident in our ability to advise you on:
- Cost saving measure without compromising quality
- New Product and Technology
- Realistic completion dates
- Process requirements
- Building Codes and Bylaws