What is Design Build?
Design Build is a project delivery system where the design and construction services are contracted by a single entity.
Advantages to Design Build:
- Single source responsibility
- Minimizes risks for the project owner
- Clearest contractual remedies for the clients
- More efficient and effective cost control
- Value engineering
- Reduces the delivery schedule by overlapping the design phase and construction phase of a project
What is IPD?
As per Wikipedia; Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) is a collaborative alliance of people, systems, business structures and practices into a process that harnesses the talents and insights of all participants to optimize project results, increase value to the owner, reduce waste, and maximize efficiency through all phases of design, development, and construction.
There main sequential phases to the integrated project delivery method:
- conceptualization phase [expanded programming]
- criteria design phase [expanded schematic design]
- detailed design phase [expanded design development]
- implementation documents phase [construction documents]
- agency review phase
- construction phase
- closeout phase
What is Construction Management?
Construction management (CM) is a professional service that uses specialized, project management techniques to oversee the planning, design, and construction of a project, from its beginning to its end. The purpose of CM is to control a project’s time / delivery, cost and quality. CM is compatible with all project delivery systems, including design-bid-build, design-build, CM At-Risk and Public Private Partnerships. Professional construction managers may be reserved for lengthy, large-scale, high budget undertakings (commercial real estate, transportation infrastructure, industrial facilities, and military infrastructure), called capital projects.
There are many delivery and payment options with projects , and sometimes a hybrid approach may work best.
We work with our client’s through the evolution of their projects, delivering on time and on budget.