What is Design Build?
Design Build is a project delivery system where the design and construction services are contracted by a single entity.
Advantages to Design Build:
- Single source responsibility
- Minimizes risks for the project owner
- Clearest contractual remedies for the clients
- More efficient and effective cost control
- Value engineering
- Reduces the delivery schedule by overlapping the design phase and construction phase of a project
What is IPD?
As per Wikipedia; Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) is a collaborative alliance of people, systems, business structures and practices into a process that harnesses the talents and insights of all participants to optimize project results, increase value to the owner, reduce waste, and maximize efficiency through all phases of design, development, and construction.
There main sequential phases to the integrated project delivery method:
- conceptualization phase [expanded programming]
- criteria design phase [expanded schematic design]
- detailed design phase [expanded design development]
- implementation documents phase [construction documents]
- agency review phase
- construction phase
- closeout phase
Essentially the two delivery systems are synonymous, and Leeswood has the experience and expertise in both. We work with our client’s through the evolution of their projects, delivering on time and on budget.